Split air conditioners are a great solution to keep off the summer heat and hot weather. Though purchasing a split air conditioner, you need to consider a lot of things. Air conditioners are a long term investment and you need to be careful while making one. One of the most important factors that you need to keep in mind is the installation. Split air conditioner requires installation of both outside and inside unit which eventually becomes trickier as compared to the window air conditioner.
Most of the air conditioners these days do not make any noise. You can go for some reputed and reliable air conditioner brands like Samsung as they provide wide range of split air conditioner. You can also use websites like CompareRaja.in to compare prices and get the best deal.
- The installation of indoor unit of your air conditioner has to be done on a wall that is strong enough to bear the unit’s weight.
- There must be proper spacing between the AC unit and the wall. For proper air flow, about 15 centimeters space must be there surrounding its sides and top.
- The indoor unit must be mounted at the height of 7 to 8 feet above the ground for proper air flow and cooling.
- The indoor unit must be installed directly above the bed to maximum cooling. Though you can also install it on the other side of the bed according to your cooling needs.
- The indoor unit should be placed on the wall in such a way that it can be accessed easily for the cleaning and to change the direction of the louvers manually.
- If you are planning to install your indoor unit above the window, make sure you align them well or else it may look shabby. You wouldn’t want your air conditioner to spoil the aesthetics of your room.
- Installation of the outdoor unit must be done at correct They must be installed away from direct sunlight and water.
- The outdoor unit must be placed on a rigid and flat surface as it may vibrate continuously that can lead to breaking of copper pipes and condenser damage.
- The outdoor unit should be placed in the open area like the terrace for the air to freely flow over compressor and the condenser.
- The location of the outdoor unit should be such that it can be easily accessed for the cleaning and maintenance. The gas charging and installation should also be convenient.
- Make sure that there is nothing blocking the outdoor unit as the passing of air from the fan to the open space may get hindered. Any kind of blockage may affect the performance of the air conditioner.
- It is recommended that the outdoor unit should be kept at height above the indoor unit. If not done so, the compressor power may go into pumping the gas against the gravity affecting the overall performance of the air conditioner.
A little thought before buying your air conditioner will help you get the best product. Make sure you consider all the necessary aspects before you make any purchase.