Setting up WhatsApp on your mobile is a very simple process. Most people are tech savvy and hence do not need any guidance when it comes to accessing and using apps on their smart phones. Then there are also those who do not know the ABC of smart phones and may need help in figuring out things due to their fear of doing something inappropriate on the phone. For such people, here are simple steps to be followed if you are looking to install WhatsApp. While most of the apps that are available on any type of smart phone have the same rule, here are the specific steps involved to download WhatsApp for mobile.
Downloading WhatsApp on mobile:
Thanks to the technology, there is hardly anything that we have to do when we are looking to download any app, except for following the instructions. However, here are the steps involved in downloading WhatsApp on mobile.
- Open google paly on your android phone and search for WhatsApp messenger in the search box on the top.
- Now open the app and click on install option available under the app details.
- You will be prompted for permission to allow access to some files on your phone. You need to click on allow, else WhatsApp will not be able to download. This is because these files like photos and videos will be accessed by WhatsApp as you use the app.
- The app will start to download followed by automatic installation.
- You will be updated upon successful installation and now you can click on “open” on google play itself.
- As you open the app, you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions of the app. Click on agree and now you will be moved to nest page where you will be asked to update your phone number. Type the phone number that you will be using for WhatsApp.
- AS you give the phone number, you will have to verify it through a SMS or a call. If you choose for SMS, you will get a 6 digit code which you have to type on the app. However, if you opt for a call, it is usually a short ring call and you do not need to answer. This completes your verification.
- Now you are all set to set up your account by updating your display name and profile picture.
If you have used WhatsApp on other phone, once you set up your account, you will be prompted to recover your chat history. And now the app is ready to be used.
It is very easy to download WhatsApp for mobile. All it takes is a few clicks, follow the instructions and you can get started. Be sure to download the correct app and do not skip the option of restoring your chat history if you have used the app before. With options like setting your privacy on who can see your contact details, you can keep your contact details safe.