People living in this world are following different culture according to their religion and living place. Likewise, they are celebrating different religious functions in different styles. Here in this article, we are going to discuss Christmas and celebration in various countries. Yes, Christmas is celebrated in different styles in different countries. But everyone is celebrating it for only one reason and that is the Jesus Christ birthday. Well, more than 160 countries are now celebrating Christmas and they declare the day as the public holiday but in some countries, the day is not declared as a formal public holiday. Well, the Christmas is celebrated on 25th of December all over the world. However, people follow different Christmas traditions and the celebration will take place for a long period of time. Children will plan to celebrate Christmas in different ways and that will give them more fun and excitement. On that day, people will attend masses, exchange gifts, chocolates, cards, sing Christmas carols, decorate lights, candles, Christmass tree, sparklers fireworks, and more. Well, to know more about Christmas celebration in various countries then read the article or search for the result over the internet. Yes, the internet sources will also provide you more details about Christmas celebration in various countries.
Christmas celebration in different countries
Christmas is a traditional function celebrated for the birth of Jesus Christ on 25th of December. Well, the celebration method will differ in various countries. The celebration will take place for a long period of time. Let’s see the different celebration methods followed in various countries around the world.
- France: In France, the Christmas celebration starts on the 6th of December. The cities in France are decorated and the children will get gifts and sweets on that day. The Alsace region people decorate the Christmas trees as like the 14th century Christmas trees.
- Italy: Italian people put up a nativity scene ‘ presepe’ in churches, houses, and town squares. They present gifts to the children on 6th January and that is the day of Epiphany.
- Germany: In Germany, Christmas markets are set up in the main squares of the city. German people decorate their house with the lights and different ornaments. They will decorate the Christmas tree only in the morning of 24th
- England: Well, England people start their Christmas celebration early by decorating their houses with different lightings. They celebrate Christmas on 25th of December.
- Australia: They will organize picnics during Christmas day. However, family and friends often gather at the beach.
- USA: They celebrate Christmas on 25th and 26th of December and during the day, they exchange gifts and cards. They write Xmas on Christmas cards which stand for Christmas. Well, the x symbol denotes the cross. The New York people celebrate Christmas in the ice-rink that gives more fun to them.
- Brazil: In Brazil you will find the presepio nativity scene in churches. The father will travel to Brazil from Greenland to give gifts to the kids. And they celebrate Christmas by ordering sparklers fireworks online.