Human growth hormone (HGH) is a natural hormone produced in the pituitary glands in the brain which is helpful in a proper and overall growth of the human body. Upon receiving messages from pituitary glands from the human growth hormone, the liver produces IGF-1, which is a hormone that is similar to insulin in structure and size. IGF-1 is a strong anabolic hormone and helps in building new muscles. Insulin is the one that is found to be essential in helping with building a lean mass and to decrease body fat. It can be incorporated into your diet through various food items. There are many HGH supplements also available that help in secreting IGF-1. Insulin is the hormone that helps HGH to be absorbed in the blood and which further helps in proper growth of the individual. IGF-1 is tremendously used by many body builders and athletes in forms of HGH supplements.
Studies in animals about the benefits of IGF-1 show that it helps in body building and healing tendon injuries. Hence, it is also used by many body builders and athletes for the purpose for a strong body. It has been found to be help in building muscle, reduce fat and also improve endurance which makes it the first choice by many.HG or IGF-1 is a hormone used in treating people with some medical deficiencies and hence the use of it should be prescribed and observed by a doctor. Irrespective of that, it is being widely used and abused too which has led to risk many lives. While most people know about the facts, there are many side effects that one has to know before using it.
Effects of IGF-1
Some positive effects of IGF-1 are:
- IGF-1 regulates fat to be used as energy and hence there is fat loss.
- It helps in protein synthesis which is the key to muscle building
- Increases the nerve tissue functions
- Gives fuller muscles
- Reduces anti-aging factors related to heart failure, brain cell regulations and functioning of brain
Short term IGF-1 Lr3 side effects
- Hypoglycemia, a condition where the blood sugar levels are abnormally low.
Long term side effects of IGF-1
- Researches done on side effects of IGF-1 show that it has the same long term side effects of HGH.
- IGF-1 should not be used in cancer patients as it increases the size of tumor.
- It causes bone growth that changes the physical appearance like abnormal feet/hands/growth in face which is seen in athletes.
- Another side effect seen in athletes is cardiomyopathy, a condition where the heart is enlarged and weakened.
Taking higher doses of IGF-1 also causes some side effects like
- Swelling of soft tissues,
IGF-1 is the most preferred drug by many who look to build a strong physique due to its feature of fat loss and quick growth in muscles and tissues. The primary use of any such drugs is for medical purposes and hence their use should always be observed by a doctor to avoid serious side effects.